Lots of things to do at Portagaria Wood!
- fishing off the jetties
- bring your kayak and launch it from the jetty
- have a picnic by the waters edge
- walk around the grounds
- play hide and seek!
- have a bbq by the water
- watch the grebes and mallards swim along
- try to spot the local otter
- photograph the night sky
- enjoy the tranquility of the area.
Shamrock Cottage is part of a clachan, a small traditional settlement, built around 2008. There are four cottages within the gated area of Portagaria Wood. Each cottage is very private. The other three are privately owned. We are situated near Finn Lough Resort, and you can avail of the restaurant there during opening hours.