Cottage layout on Ground Floor:
- first of all our Cottage has a large comfortable lounge with TV (Freeview) and stereo
- most noteworthy the stunning views from the cottage sunroom off the lounge to the Lough (Sandy Bay) and beyond to the Cliffs of Magho
- classic cottage inglenook fireplace and wood filled basket for cooler evenings
- a basket full of board games for entertainment
- large fully equipped kitchen including plates, mugs, cups, glasses of all shapes and sizes, cutlery, utensils etc.
- there are plates, bowls and cups suitable for children
- the kitchen has a large dining table with six chairs
- washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, toaster, kettle
- also items for a picnic including flask and cool bag
- oven with baking trays, food processor, food mixer, coffee percolator
- bathroom with walk in shower, toilet and sink
- and also a porch for shoes, coats, umbrella’s etc.
- safety gates for the stairs
- iron, ironing board, free standing clothes dryer
- in addition I can supply a child’s booster seat or high chair (let me know you need it)
Cottage layout on the First Floor:
- Double bedroom with ensuite containing bath and hand held shower; also featuring Lough views
- twin bedroom layout and rural views (twin beds separate, or together to form super king bed)
- single bedroom, can be double, with rural views
- built in wardrobes in every room to hold all your belongings
- another bathroom with power shower over bath, sink and toilet
- hot water cupboard for additional storage, drying of clothes or warming your towel!
- in addition I can supply a portacot for infants (let me know you need it)
Cottage layout outside:
- Patio table with six chairs and parasol and stand
- Barbecue (bring your own fuel)
- Green bin for rubbish
- Bin for recycling
- Access to picnic table by the lake side!
Lots of things to do at Portagaria Wood!
- fishing off the jetties
- bring your kayak and launch it from the jetty
- have a picnic by the waters edge
- walk around the grounds
- play hide and seek!
- have a bbq by the water
- watch the grebes, mallards and swans swim along
- try to spot the local otter
- photograph the night sky
- enjoy the tranquility of the area.
Shamrock Cottage is part of a clachan, a small traditional settlement of Irish cottages, built around 2008. There are four cottages within the gated area of Portagaria Wood. Each cottage is very private. The other three are privately owned.